What is Xero accounting software?
Xero is a cloud-based accounting software package for small businesses. By providing small business owners and their accountants with a range of time-saving tools, Xero gives you the freedom to keep track of your cash-flow, payments, and invoices in real-time, and has a range of experts on call to help you 24/7.
Having instant access to live accounts can make all the difference in today’s fast-paced world of business. Xero was developed for use in the New Zealand market but, due to its great success, the company expanded its horizons by offering their software in a wide range of countries, with full synchronisation available for the majority of banks.
What are the advantages of using Xero accounting software?
Xero has a lot to offer small businesses and provides a range of competitive features at a low, affordable price. It also gives your accountant much more control over your company’s cash flow, meaning you can act faster and be paid quicker.
One of Xero’s most impressive features is that it allows you access to your business’ accounts anywhere, at any time. This is made possible by utilising the cloud and running the software from your web browser, meaning you can use the product anywhere and on any device that has an internet connection. This also means that you can access the software and, therefore your accounts, from multiple devices. Unlike many accounting software packages that can effectively tie you to your desk due to the product requiring installation on a single device, Xero only needs a simple login.
Xero has a wide range of benefits that can help you and your business to stay efficient and competitive – here’s a quick roundup of some of the key features:
Reporting in real time:
- Xero allows you to see and share a wide variety of reports at any time of the month – these are available as a top level overview or as an in-depth report. The best part is they can be configured to display exactly what matters most to you.
- Xero can automatically synchronise with your bank, importing and categorising all of your transactions. Xero also boasts bank-level security, meaning you can feel confident that your details are safe and secure.
- A comprehensive dashboard means you can access the information and features you need at a glance and whilst on the move.
- Clear inventory control allows you to keep on top of your physical stock and make accurate projections.
- Payroll processing and superannuation payments can be made through Xero. It also allows you to make automatic tax updates, and can even give employee’s the ability to request annual leave and view their payslips – regardless of where they are.
With a host of mobile apps available, Xero helps boost your productivity by giving you access to your accounts – and all associated features – directly from your phone. This means you can make important payments, and access decision informing data and many other features from anywhere and at any time.
How can Heavenly and Xero help me?
Heavenly offers a much more granular, real-time accountancy service than traditional accountants. Instead of reviewing your account once or twice per year, Heavenly will utilise your Xero account to review your finances on a monthly, quarterly or half-yearly basis.
On top of this, as a certified cloud accounting advisor, you can contact us at any time to discuss your situation and get advice. This means you can make financially informed decisions for your business, based on the most up-to-date information.
Heavenly can also help you switch from your current accountant to Xero, and it won’t cost you a penny. We’ll take the hassle out of the switch-over and help you and your team get up to speed with your new software.
Get in touch today to find out how Heavenly and Xero can help you. You can call us on +44 (0)333 7000 701 or request a call back using the contact form on this page. We look forward to hearing from you.